First Round Max. duration 25 min.
1. One Prelude and Fugue by J. S. Bach
2. Two virtuoso etudes:
a) one etude by F. Chopin, excluding Op. 10 No.3, 6 and Op. 25 No. 7
b) one etude by F. Liszt, S. Rachmaninov, C. Debussy, A. Scriabin, S. Prokofiev, I. Stravinsky or G. Ligeti
3. 1st movement of classical Sonata by J. Haydn, W. A. Mozart, M. Clementi or L. van Beethoven (excluding Op. 49, Op. 101, 106, 109, 110, 111)
4. If time permits, a work of candidate’s choice
Final Round Max. duration 50 min.
1. A. Shor-M. Pletnev – Piano Sonata (download or watch)
2. One major composition or group of compositions by F. Schubert, R. Schumann, F. Chopin, F. Mendelssohn, F. Liszt, J. Brahms, P. Tchaikovsky, S. Rachmaninoff, M. Ravel, N. Medtner, A. Scriabin, K. Szymanowski and S. Prokofiev.
3. A work of free choice by the candidate, being different in style from the work chosen in paragraph 2, not exceeding the overall time limit.
*Compositions performed in the 1st Round cannot be played in the Final Round.
*All pieces except for A.Shor-M.Pletnev – Piano Sonata must be performed by memory.
*Programmes cannot be changed after the closing date of applications.